STATUTORY STUDIES AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT STUDIES
The development of the coastal and marine zones have to respect statutory constraints and their evolution requires a capacity of adapted answers.
- Environmental impact assessment Studies and Environmental Baseline studies (EIA and EBS),
- Preliminary and feasibility studies,
- Authorization or instruction Documents
These documents aim, beyond their only statutory value, at advising the local authorities or private companies on their management policy of coastal zone development. In this domain, this department intervenes on numerous types of projects:
- Impact of construction or increasing harbour facilities (marinas or fishing port),
- impact of the harbour dredging actvities,
- impact of aggregates extractions,
- impact of offshore windfarms,
- incidences of urban or industrials waste water discharges,
- impact of sub-marine cables
- impact of various infrastructures: Aquarium, pontoon, Aquaculture, Oil and Gas, ...
Please contact for Legal studies and Environmental Impact assessment Department :
Ronan LAUNAY, Technical Adviser for statutory studies and impact assessment studies
CREOCEAN LA ROCHELLE
Zone Technocean - Chef de Baie
Rue Charles Tellier
17000 - LA ROCHELLE - FRANCE
Tél : + 33 (0)5 46 41 13 13
Fax : + 33 (0)5 46 50 51 02
E-mail : email@example.com
SKILLS AND SERVICES
Estimate the risks to protect the environment during each stage of a project
With an expertise developed for more than 20 years, our teams specialized in :
- the study of the statutory texts and their applications in the marine domain (littoral or offshore)
- the realization of the necessary studies to set up the projects: preliminary environmental diagnosis, search for sites, in situ expertise, EBS and EIA, HSE, ...
- the evaluation of the impacts of activities and developments on the coastline, or by comparative methods (with previous similar projects which were followed), or by predictive methods (with simulations and modellings)
- the proposition and the implementation of compensatory measures (reduction, compensation, monitoring and follow-up, etc.)
Competent specialists in most of the disciplines concerned by the coastal zone management both for terrestrial and marine aspects: landscape painters, town planners, economists, geographers, agronomists, geologists, geophysicians, biologists, chemists, geotechnicians, hydrobiologists, engineers and technicians, graphic designers.
Field data acquisition and laboratory analyses
A diagnosis is only possible from reliable data. That is why our teams have high-performance means which are regularly updated further to technological improvements and which cover a large investigation spectrum in hydrodynamics, meteorology, chemistry, benthic biology, hydrology.
A WIDE RANGE OF TECHNICAL EQUIPMENT
- For marine environment : grabs, corers, bottles with remote lock, probes, fishing equipment
- For the wastewater discharges : automatic samplers
Meteorological and oceanological measurement:
Currentmetters, directional wave measurement, Meteorological sensors and measurement systems, tide measurement system
- bottom surface : bathymetric beam, side scan sonar,
- superficial layers of sediment : sediment sounder,
- geological layers : reflection and refraction seismic tools,
- mapping and modelling submarine bottom : Geographical Information system (GIS)
Currents, wave and sedimentary process
Diversified and powerful means of calculation allow us to make numerous types of processing (statistical and spectral analyses, cartography, computer graphics) and to operate digital models (marine and river hydrodynamics, dispersal and water quality, wave agitation).